6/02/2011

Banff, Canada

The Norlien Foundation invited Dr. Rob Anda who generously extended my invitation to the Early Brain and Biological Development Symposium. Dr. Rob Anda is an inspiration to work with: see for yourself. I am asked to amplify the brilliant and hard work that has come before me - the innovation and ingenuity of hundreds, thousands of Washingtonians who care deeply about improving the lives of children and families. I bring a different voice into the room. The voice of people who understand trauma as an issue of social justice, not an animal research experiment, pharmaceutical science, or a gene awaiting discovery.

Banff is a place of art and recreation. Rob, his daughter Kelsey and I walk as much as we can to make sense of where we are, how we got here, and where we are going. I give thanks for this opportunity.

Lake Louise
Banff from above

Johnson Canyon

No comments: